Dealing with Diagnosis
Recently Diagnosed Workshop
The Recently Diagnosed Workshop is an interactive workshop which takes place over two days for people who are living with HIV for less than three years, run by staff and volunteers who are also living with HIV. We know that being diagnosed with, or living with HIV can be worrying and confusing.
The workshops have been set up to:
- Provide the opportunity to connect with other people in a similar position and gain a better understanding of living with HIV
- Help you to discuss and share your HIV experience with others
- Talk about current and new treatment options
- Encourage you to live well with HIV
- Discuss living with HIV as part of everyday life
In the workshops, staff and volunteer peer mentors will share their experiences of being diagnosed and living with HIV. By the end of the workshops you’ll have been given the information to start taking control of your HIV; learn how to get the support you need; and connect with other people living with HIV.
In many of our workshops true friendships have been made as people embark on their HIV journey together. Previous participants continue to find value in supporting each other.
From yoga and mindfulness techniques to massage tasters and nutrition advice, our wellbeing workshops are for everybody with HIV looking to boost their self-esteem and confidence.
Dealing with diagnosis articles
- Improve the mental health of women living with HIV by providing well integrated health and social care services, including peer support, which address holistically the specific needs of women.
- Commission innovative projects that promote the active and meaningful engagementof women living with HIV in the design and delivery of ...